The Washington County Democratic Party is building a person-to-person voter outreach plan that will effect change in Washington County. Precinct based organizing is a plan to recruit and train a Precinct Captain for all 35 precincts in Washington County. Each Precinct Captain will work with a District Captain who will work with the Precinct Chair to develop and implement a plan to increase voter turnout in each precinct, register voters, and connect with Democrats in all communities within Washington County.
This is a grassroots level effort, taking it back to basics, where voters individual needs will be identified and candidates can more effectively connect with voters in all communities. This is how change happens, on the individual level and YOU can be part of that change!
Contact the Precinct Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
What is a District Captain?
As a District Captain, you will serve as both an organizer and a direct support line for Precinct Captains within your district. Partnering with the Precinct Chair and members of the WCDP, you will aid Precinct Captains in creating and implementing a successful plan for increasing Democratic voter turnout within their precinct. Through your efforts as a District Captain, you will play a vital role in increasing Democratic turnout through our strategy of building person-to-person connections.
What is a Precinct Captain?
As a Precinct Captain, you will serve as the direct connection between the WCDP and the Democrats in your community. Partnering with local volunteers and community members, you will work to increase Democratic turnout while also building important connections with residents, groups, and organizations within your precinct. Through your efforts as a Precinct Captain, you will play a vital role in increasing Democratic turnout through strategy of building person-to-person connections.
What will I be asked to do?
- Recruit volunteers to serve in your precinct.
- Inform the WCDP of important events and projects happening in your precinct.
- Create a plan for increasing Democratic turnout and participation in your precinct.
- Register voters in your precinct.
- Collect and update voter information in your precinct.
- Work with the Precinct Chair to meet strategic goals as set by the WCDP.
What resources will I have to help me?
- Training on how to be successful in your role as Precinct Captain/District Chair.
- Support and guidance from the Precinct Chair.
- Talking points and informational material on candidates and important issues.
- Access to and training on how to properly utilize the WCDP VoteBuilder platform.
- WCDP and community volunteers to help make your work a success.